Buy this Package
This font is OpenType
(Windows and Macintosh Platforms)
All of the fonts in this package include:
Some of the fonts in this package include:
Specimen Book (2162K)
OpenType User Guide (1.3MB)
Brioso Pro is a new typeface family designed in the calligraphic tradition of the Latin alphabet. Brioso displays the look of a finely-penned roman and italic script, retaining the immediacy of hand lettering while having the scope and functionality of a contemporary composition family. Brioso blends the humanity of written forms with the clarity of digital design, allowing designers to set pages of refined elegance. Designed by Robert Slimbach, this energetic type family is modeled on his formal roman and italic script. In the modern calligrapher's repertoire of lettering styles, roman script is the hand that most closely mirrors the oldstyle types that we commonly use today; it is also among the most challenging styles to master. Named after the Italian word for lively, Brioso moves rhythmically across the page with an energy that is tempered by an ordered structure and lucidity of form.
Want to help localize these typeface notes to German, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese or Chinese? Participate in Adobe Type's Community Translation pilot program.
Brioso Pro family contains faces designed for the following optical sizes:
- Caption: design size 8.0 points, for use from 6.0 to 9.4 points
- Body Text: design size 11.0 points, for use from 9.4 to 14.0 points
- Subhead: design size 18.0 points, for use from 14.0 to 21.0 points
- Light: design size 72.0 points, for use from 21.0 to 72.0 points
- Light Italic: design size 72.0 points, for use from 21.0 to 72.0 points
- Display: design size 72.0 points, for use from 21.0 to 72.0 points
Please see Adobe Type Optical Sizes for a discussion of the use of fonts designed for different optical sizes.
Brioso® Pro is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.